Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

I thought I should share a bit of wisdom with all of you, via Chad. The conversation starts with me asking where all of my Mother's Day presents are.

Chad: Did you know that life is not all about you?
Me: (a little taken back) What is it all about then?
Chad: It's about helping others.

Oh, the humility - just one of the many surprising gifts of motherhood.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Oh, I am so glad I read that at the beginning of the day - now I can laugh about it all day long. Humility - ha - you can say that again.
And I hope you really did have a good Mother's day, Missie!

Aaron & Amanda said...

Wow! Chad certainly is wise for his years! Be sure to remind him what he said when Christmas comes around...:)

El Jefe said...

Reminds me of a conversation James had with my parents in March of 1977. I'm sure James can tell you all about it.