This was our last week of lazy mornings - I will miss them. Although, this last week was not all that relaxing. You know that panicked feeling you get when summer is nearing the end and you rush to do all the things you wished you had done all summer long? That's what happened to me. Oregon has beautiful, mild summers but they are not long enough! The rainy season goes all the way until the second week of June, and I know my children do not have enough vitamin D stored up to last them another 10 months! Anyway, here are a few of our end-o-summer activities:
Our visit to an awesome pirate ship park, where little boys play with mud until their hearts are content.

Swimming at the wade pool - who knew nine inches of water could be so much fun?

Blueberry Picking

We found this farm by following blueberry signs off the side of the road. On the side of the barn there was a sign listing the prices and an old coin box. Apparently there are a few places left where people are still trusted. There is something so relaxing about being out in a field and picking berries, as opposed to the feeling I get at the grocery store (see previous post). It's almost as if this is the way we are supposed to get our food. Now, if only I could figure out how to make things grow in my own garden...

We made it home with almost a gallon of blueberries, and then we made blueberry muffins. Perhaps the freshest muffins we will ever taste. Aah, the perfect day. Click here for the recipe:
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/To-Die-For-Blueberry-Muffins/Detail.aspx?prop31=4 And the look of delight on Aubrey's face has nothing to do with cooking and everything to do with her Daddy, he had just walked in the door.
Pirate ship park - cont.
After all of this, there were bound to be a few naps lost along the way.
At the end of the day, you can almost measure just how perfect the day was by the color of the bath water. A mixture of popsicle juice and mud is just right.
3 comments:
As happy as I am to have school start again. I'm a little sad too! It looks like you guys had a great week. We decided very last minute to come down to Utah for a family reunion. We're here now. We'll come back on Tuesday and Riley will start school on Wed. When is Chad's first day?
Sounds like a perfect last week of Summer! I love the new look of your blog!
-amanda
Did I see some blue skies and sun in your pictures?! Yeah! That is a great way to end the summer, can't ask for more! Enjoy back to school, I know you will.
Post a Comment