Friday, September 5, 2008
Chad had his first day of public education this week - very exciting. He was not nervous at all, slept like a baby. I, on the other hand, couldn't sleep at all - worring over bus stops and buddies to play with at recess. I suppose I worried enough for the both of us. So when the day finally arrived, I realized I should have been worried about embarrassing my child. In my defense, I wasn't crying at all! I was just taking a picture (this one below), and Chad says "Hurry, mom" and gives me this look like he's just amusing me. When we got inside, the teacher said the parents could stay for awhile, but I sensed a little independence in my child and when I asked if he was ready for us to leave, he quickly dismissed us. Honestly, I had no idea parental embarassment would come so soon.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I know just what you mean. I think I told you that Riley didn't want to give me a hug. : (
I had a lot of apprehensions about kindergarten too. When the day came I didn't cry either to my surprise. I think we both must have worried it out of our systems.
Post a Comment