Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Retraction

Oh snap - my first retraction! In an earlier post, I had a recipe for cooking microwave popcorn in a brown paper bag. While researching the use of plastics in the microwave, I found this on the USDA website: "Never use thin plastic storage bags, brown paper or plastic grocery bags, newspapers, or aluminum foil in the microwave oven."

Looks like one of my first March purchases will be an air popper. Should we be concerned about licking envelopes? Or maybe just microwaving and then licking envelopes. Although, there was that Seinfeld episode . . . I must stop thinking about this.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

As a kid, we always did popcorn in a brown paper bag in the microwave. I don't think it is an issue. It is probably like eating raw cookie dough. "They" tell you not to, but everyone does. Besides, if you are still worried, they do have white paper lunch bags!