Sunday, February 1, 2009

Sam, aka "Formalia"



  • Age: 10 months
  • First thing he does in the morning: claps
  • Greatest fear: fearless, except perhaps losing sight of his mommy
  • Greatest ambition: climb the stairs - solo
  • Greatest accomplishment: learned to crawl a whole month ahead of his brother and sister
  • Strongest personality characteristics: persistent & delightful
  • Latest obsession: computer keyboard
  • Favorite toy: no time for toys
  • Favorite past time: toilet time (not sure what the intentions are, but I believe it would involve swishing - if allowed to do so)
  • As for the nickname, Chad started calling him "the little formalia". I have no idea what it means or the language of origin.

7 comments:

Elizabeth Dimit said...

He's so cute. Not sure about the name, but the baby is cute!:-) I can't believe he's already 10 months old!

Jen said...

Too cute, and growing up way too fast! Miss him and the rest of you!

El Jefe said...

Formalia, ey? I have a Romanian friend named Amalia. Maybe it is Romanian in origin.

Melissa said...

Upon further research, I found this: http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formalia. Apparently, it's Swedish for formality. I wasn't aware Chad knew Swedish, or that he thought of Sam as just a formality.

Bridget said...

Formalia. Sounds like a kind of parmesan cheese.

Julie said...

I always thought he looked just like Chad, but that top picture reminds me more of Aubrey. Either way, he is so cute.
By the way, we hope you had a happy birthday, Missie!

Ruthie said...

Hi Missie! Yes, it has been a long time! You kids are so cute! Do you keep in touch much with any of the other old roomies?