Friday, September 17, 2010

Aubrey as a 5 year old


Aubrey has grown again! She turned five yesterday and she was a bit disappointed that she hadn't magically grown a foot or two. I see it, even if she doesn't. I have kindly asked her not to grow anymore, and she complied, but somehow I don't believe her.

Aubrey was not disappointed in her birthday activities:

Presents
Birthday toast with Sprinkles
Sweaty hour or two at Pump It Up
A donut with this handsome fella:



Scooter Ride



Pizza, ice cream, cake!





Funny story about that dang cake. Every birthday, I convince myself that I have cake decorating skills. And after completing each cake, I am once again reminded that cake decorators have magic abilities that I do not possess. Aubrey wanted a Barbie cake, the one with the cake as a skirt. I could have bought a special cake mold for this, but opted for the cheaper version - slap two cake layers together a stand them up. Didn't work so well. I had a huge gaping hole in the back that I slapped icing on, telling Aubrey that it was the dress train. The cake also leaned - a lot. I had kabob sticks and floss tied to my paper towel holder, trying to get this baby to stand up. It did, barely making it to the candle blowing event. I was sweating the whole time.

4 comments:

Julie said...

To me, the cake looks great and Aubrey looks VERY happy. Way to go! We hope Aubrey had a great birthday.

Jen said...

Happy Birthday Aubrey! I think the cake looks awesome! I am impressed, and besides what little girl has not wanted this cake? You were a good mom and actually made it and made it work! Hayley got a princess castle instead.

Sarah said...

well you did a great job! Way to go. I hope my kids have been behaving for you!

Elizabeth Dimit said...

I love the cake! It's far more beautiful than any cake I could ever make! :-) Happy birthday, Aubrey. She's so adorable!