Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Summer's End

Ah, the smell of new clothes and books. I enjoy the first day of school so much more now then I did as a child! To prepare for school, I took each child out to buy a few outfits with little to no input from myself. It turned out to be harder than I thought. Aubrey did quite well, but Chad was a challenge. He chose a shirt with this on the front:



I think we have officially lived in the state of Oregon too long (no offense, my fellow Oregonians). It pained me to make this purchase (and no offense, beaver fans).

We also took some school pictures the day before school started. I have tried capturing the moment on the morning of the first day, running after them as they head for the door. The pictures never seem to work out.





2 comments:

Sarah said...

I know what you mean. Our morning of pictures didn't work out. i had to do some retakes tonight. They are still....wanting. But hey! I like the ones you took! So cute!

Jen said...

School is a wonderful thing, and even letting kids pick out their own clothes SOMETIMES, is great thing too! Don't worry, we have a t--shirt hanging in the boys closet that I am not too fond of, but both boys fight over it...it's a black t-shirt with the tasmanian devil on it. I think it reflects both their personalities perfectly! Enjoy your freedom, a little, anyways!