Here's a tutorial for all of the Utahans (is that really how it's spelled?), just in case you find yourself in Oregon on the one day a year that it snows.
1. Use athletic pants as snow bibs, layered of course.
2. Rain boots also work as snow boots, kind of.
3. Feel bad dressing your eldest son in pink gloves because you forgot to buy him new ones.
3. Be very thankful that you live on a hill, making up for all other days when you cursed it while mowing the lawn (not really my job, but one time I did it and it was hard).
4. Have a warm soul, knowing that your children are experiencing some of your fondest childhood memories.
5. Come in, eat lots of warm cookies and drink lots of hot chocolate.
6. Repeat every two hours.
7. After about 4 wardrobe changes, be grateful it only snows once a year.
8. Take note: 3" of snow will cancel church, school, but not work (sorry James).
5 comments:
Yes, it is so funny how Oregon shuts down for snow. Having lived in both Utah and Massachusetts this is VERY funny to me.
Every child should get to experience a snow day. I am glad your kids get them occasionally up there in Portland!
Snow is the best in Portland... it was always depressing in Rexburg having to go to school when it was snowing (HA). You just have to remember that we don't have the same snow equipment that Utah and Idaho has... so we don't get all our streets plowed. :o( I'm still stuck up here on this hill... my husbands going to work... but I feel like I'll be here forever... I'm ready for the snow to go away... I'm a true Oregonian.
I'm glad that Chad and Aubrey got to experience the thrill of sledding. It does look like they loved it! I also love the snow, but do look forward to the day when my kids can all outfit themselves. I especially hate it when I get three fingers in the same hole in their gloves - so much work.
Okay, that is so hilarious, because Brandon was wearing Alexis' pink mittens because I couldn't find his! And you are so right about makeshift snow gear. We just wore sweats out in the snow!
Post a Comment