Thursday, December 4, 2008

Advent Calendars

I just about missed the boat on this one. My kids love the cheap advent calendars, with cheap little chocolates behind every door. But when I went to the store to get them yesterday (about 3 days late), they were all gone. So I bought some M & M's and hoped they would be happy picking out a few from a bowl every night. Instead, I found these lovely ideas. With a little ribbon and a lot of saran wrap, this is what I made:


The kiddies never once mentioned the old cheap box of chocolates. Now, hopefully, I can get through the next week with my last remaining strip of saran wrap.

* The Joys of Home Blog also mentioned an activity advent calendar that I am excited to try as well!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

What a great idea! Way more attractive might I add!

Ju said...

I remember making these in young womens for families 25 days of christmas things. Very fun. I really want to make an advent calender, but every year I wait to long and say "maybe next year"... Maybe I'll rig one of those chains up for my kids... they would love it!!