Sunday, December 21, 2008

Trapped Alive!

This is what holds us captive.

At the off chance you don't see any immediate danger here, that's 8 inches - chains required.

So, school was canceled all week, and church was cancelled yet again. Cabin fever is setting in. Just in case we don't make it out of here, I want there to be some type of record of what went on here.

Lots of quality time together. We played games, UNO and Wack-A-Mole (although conserving battery power may be wise). Chad & I are strangely obsessed with this online game: http://www.novelgames.com/flashgames/game.php?id=51

The younger ones were forced to play with one another and I'm sensing tension among them.

I went all crafty and made these cupcakes for Aubrey's kichen set:


James got caught up on his military documentaries and we watched Mission Impossible III. I wonder what Ethan Hunt would do in a situation such as this?

5 comments:

Jen said...

Okay, that's just not fair! Two weeks in a row of cancelled church! I don't know what kind of calamity has to happen here in Utah, but I have yet to be so lucky! On another note, sorry to hear you are still stranded, I hope you at least made it to the grocery store and got a months supply of food! By the way, Martha, those cupcakes are too cute to eat! Looks fun!

Bridget said...

Those cupcakes are so cute. Only problem is I can't eat them. :(

We are feeling the cabin fever too.

Ju said...

Those cupcakes are adorable. And Denver says "wow, mom, that kitchen looks fun." Isn't this weather crazy? I'm happy for all the quality time, it makes it fun. Although Jon still has work, and LOTS of work, he keeps getting called in because people can't make it. Ugh. Oh well. We have been playing a lot of Candy Land and Chutes and Ladders. I just love Oregon Snow.

Sarah said...

You crack me up! Those cupcakes are so darling! You are so creative!

RocketBox Boy said...

It's official you are funny! So true on being captive. We are feeling it at our house too! I love the picture of your kids and Chad's big eyes. I am so glad I finally have seen your blog!