Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Parenting Milestone

Today I did something I have never done in all my days of parenting: I put my crawling baby on the ground, outside. It only took me 3 children, and five and a half years to overcome my fear of dusty knees and grimy baby fingers. There Sam was, strapped in his stroller, watching the other two run at will. I felt sorry for the poor chap, so I set him down to see where he would go. He played with foliage for a bit, tested out the dirt for a spell, then went for something I believe he has had his eye on for some time: the go kart. And there Sam stayed for at least a half hour, not making a sound. Occasionally he would glance back at me, possibly questioning my decision making skills. But I could tell he enjoyed every minute as he he ran his hands over each wheel and tested out every gear. My men love their wheels.




Hence the shirt.

And the frequent visits to car dealerships.

As for this one, she has no need for speed.

5 comments:

Julie said...

Good for you Missie! His knees even look dirty in the pictures, so you can tell he's having fun. Those pictures are really cute - man we miss those kids.

Jen said...

Watch out this summer! You will be seeing many more dirty knees and hands, although, luckily for you, he should be walking, so a little less mess! He's growing up too fast and so cute!

Jessica said...

So cute! It is amazing how the standards drop with each kid, isn't it? He is getting so big, I can hardly believe it.

Sarah said...

I'm just like you. It was a hard move but I guess it was bound to happen.

Bridget said...

Good for you! I bet he loved it. Samuel is looking a lot like Aubrey.