Monday, May 11, 2009
Weekend Roundup
It just so happened to be the highly anticipated weekend where we brought home the class pet, Pumpkin the hamster. Chad had tried to make a deal with us: If we fall in love with the hamster, we will buy one for our very own. Something Chad did not anticipate: it's very hard for adults to fall in love with rodents. Something we did not anticipate: it's very easy for kids to fall in love with rodents. Something the rodent did not anticipate: babies think hamster run-about balls are to be played with just as other balls. Poor hamster, probably looking forward to a little peace and quiet back in the kindergarten classroom. I think it's best that we hold off on the hamster purchase for a bit.

Mother's Day had a rough start. Unbeknown to all supervising adults, Chad got into the licorice and ate about a pound. Causing sickness in the middle of the night, sickness that went from the top bunk all the way to the bottom (hitting everything in between). This event was not discovered until the next morning. James volunteered to clean it up alone, but seeing as we had 9 am church, it was a two person job. After church, it got much better: homemade gifts, a foot rub, a nap, a delicious dinner. Although it didn't start with breakfast in bed, it ended with Tillamook ice cream in bed (far more enjoyable, in my opinion).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I"m with you on that one. I don't for see ever having rodents as pets in our home. I'm just not a fan.
Seriously crazy morning. And we missed you the moment you left church. I'm gald the day ended better than it began
Wow. Not so fun start. Fabulous ending though.
Post a Comment