Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Conversations with a 5 year old

After being told to do yet another task, Chad announced his candidacy for Oregon president. His first item of business: create a law where I would be subject to his every whim. I gave this serious thought (he very well could have a political future), then tried to distract him by telling him that when he is a parent, he will get to tell his kids what to do. That idea spurred a ten minute brainstorm of what we could make Chad's children do. Here are a few ideas we came up with:

1. Make them go to Disneyland even if they want to go someplace else, like Ohio.
2. Play UNO all day long.
3. Brush their teeth.
4. Clean the entire house.
5. Make them visit their grandparents, even when they are teenagers and refuse to go (I added that one).
6. Deny them all vegetables.

I'm thinking I should probably exercise my parental rights more often, while I still have them.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

It is funny how so kids decide that they are in charge. My 6 year old tell me to "Stop bossing me around." My 4 year old goes and does what he feels like and later asks me if he can have a privilege back after I took it away simply because he wants it back. My 2 year old just tell everyone what to do and constantly tells me "I do it!" It keeps life interesting.

Julie said...

Have you been trying to make Chad go to Ohio?
You guys are so hilarious. I hope he does become a governor someday - I would like to live in that state.

Jen said...

It's only a matter of time before that Chad takes over your family! Too funny!

Bridget said...

ha! I love that. Chad is a funny boy. "Deny them all vegetables." Every kids' dream rightd?