Sunday, May 22, 2011

Camping...Part II



So, we are not really campers. My last camping experience was when I was pregnant with Aubrey (hmmm...maybe that's why it has taken me so long to try it again). So after the boys camped last weekend, I thought we should do it again with the whole family - this weekend. Two times, in two weekends, and we probably will not go again for some time. The reason for condensing our camping experiences, was to rent this baby:

A yurt. This is how we camped:
- no tent set up
- electricity
- heater
- beds
- flushable toilets (not inside the yurt, we had to walk a ways for that)

It was pretty awesome. They are very popular in Oregon, so this was the only weekend we could get one.

The only down side? A wild pheasant. I kid you not. We were warned about him upon our arrival - apparently a woman was attacked last weekend (and by attacked, I mean pecked at). He just happened to live behind Yurt B - our Yurt. Let me educate you on defending yourself against this wild animal. NEVER turn your back on him and use a broom when needed. Thankfully he went to bed early so we could roast marshmallows. We did not tell bear or ghost stories, but we did tell some wicked pheasant stories.



2 comments:

Sarah said...

Fun! I've always wanted to try the yurt thing! That's crazy about the pheasant. When I saw the video I was hoping for some wild pheasant action. : ) I did enjoy Chad's little jingle.

Jen said...

I am so impressed with your family camping out two weekends in a row, well, I guess the boys did it twice, but still! That yurt looks like the way to go! Your kids will love the memories.