Once a week, I have an art class with the kiddies. My dad used to teach us art in the summer and I loved it. I'm trying to pass on the tradition, although I have no where near the talent my dad does. Anyway, this week we are working on Egyptian heiroglyphs, specifically profile portraits. To make it a little easier, I took profile pictures with my camera and then edited the images in Adobe Elements. The technique I used can be found here (and can be used to make coloring pages), along with some great ideas for yet another quiet book (I'm always looking for ways to keep the kiddies quiet).

Now we just have to paint on a little eye makeup and a nice Egyptian hat - he should look quite royal.
1 comment:
That's really awesome, and I mean REALLY awesome. At first when I saw the pic and then read about how you were giving them art lessons, I was thinking you drew that. I was WAY impressed. It looks JUST like him I thought.
I"m still WAY impressed! : ) You do such neat things! Thanks for sharing your ideas and tips!
Post a Comment