Thursday, October 6, 2011

Photo Lacking

I haven't picked up my camera in awhile. A few things have kept me away.

1. I think I may have signed up to volunteer a little too much. How exactly do you unvolunteer?
2. I'm lacking inspiration. I had planned on taking pics of my newly turned six year old, but she ran into the ironing board and gave herself a black eye. On school picture day, no less.
3. Home improvement project.

I have always hated our guest bathroom. When we first moved in (6 years ago), it was dark purple. With no windows. Very cave-like (sorry, no pics). We quickly ran a few coats of almost white paint over the walls, making it resemble a hospital bathroom. It stayed like that - until now.

I dreamed of bead board. And then I discovered wallpaper that resembled bead board. Good looks without all the work. I like it! James did not. James has something against wallpaper, perhaps it reminds him of the 80's? Anyway, he wanted to do it the hard way. And it was hard, we almost called in the professionals. A few times, when we really wanted to swear, I would remind James that I wanted to do wallpaper. I don't think he liked it. But now that it's done, I love it! For the record, James was right.

It's not quite done, still have to accessorize. But that could take months - so here's a sneak peek!

2 comments:

Jen said...

So cute and very inspiring! I have always wanted to do bead board, and you give me hope that it is possible with little experience which is exactly what I have!

Julie said...

Your story made me laugh very hard. But it does look like like it was worth the effort. Jef hates wallpaper too - maybe they had bad wallpaper experiences as children - but I've noticed it's becoming more popular again.