
Not usually a fan of rain clouds and 60 degree weather in June, but today was different. After weeks of sunshine, I welcomed the rain (more like mist). Perhaps a sign that I have finally acclimated to Oregon? I just discovered soy nuts and kinda like them. Another sign? Probably not entirely acclimated. On days like this, there is a certain earthy tree smell. I love that smell. Even when I am 800 miles from home, that smell still reminds me of growing up in the foothills of the Wasatch mountains. That smell makes me feel at home and away from home all at the same time. I opened a window to let it all in, and discovered a happy compromise for Sam & I. We have one window without a screen in the kitchen. With that window open, Sam feels like he's outside and I am happy to have him in! My baby still refuses to walk. I'm growing weary of taking slivers out of his chubby little knees. Chad blew bubbles to him, probably causing a a sticky film on my floor but well worth it if that stinkin horse fly found his way out the window. He's been tormenting me for days.
3 comments:
Your area is a lot like mom and dad's with all the trees and hills. It's no wonder you feel at home. And as for Sam, enjoy it while you can until he whines and cries to be let out with the other kids. I always hated that stage, where they are too little to go out and play, but wanted to be included in all the fun!
I miss the warmer weather. I'd be happy to not see rain again until Fall.
It was nice for one day, but you're right Bridget, we could use a little more warmth in June.
Post a Comment