Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A Day in the Life of a Princess

Aubrey turned three years old today, and enjoyed a day of royalty.

6:50 a.m. - Read a princess book to her brother, who looked mildly interested.

7:15 a.m. - Went on a treasure hunt for gifts.

7:25 - Opened gifts (all found thanks to Chad, our trusty map reader).

7:45 - Lots of dancing & singing.

8:15 - Breakfast: Strawberry Whoppers with a few bites of Cheerios.

9:00 - Makeover: pedicure, manicure, pretend makeup, the works.

10:00 - Went to library looking for princess books and videos, Dora media accepted as well.

10:40 - Bought icecream at store.
Me: "Doughnuts? Yes, good idea, but may I suggest the chocolate covered one with M&M's sprinkled on top. I will need a bite."

11:20 - Played at the park.
See Elizabeth, Mahina, & kids - Yah!
Aubrey walks in front of swing, needs to be rescued. Thankfully Mahina rescues the other scared child.


1:00 p.m. - Lunch: popcorn & applesauce.

3:00 - Gets a little beauty sleep while watching Dora.

5:30 - Dinner: Pizza, breadsticks, pink juice (the color is very important).

6:00 - More dancing & singing.

7: 00 - Princess cupcakes.


8:00 - Aubrey: "Mom, can I have more milk?"
Me: "Yes Aubrey. It's your birthday, you can have whatever you want."
Aubrey: "Yes! I like this!"
Me: Thinking to myself: don't get too used to the idea, kid. Mostly just one week a year (especially regarding the previously mentioned food choices).

*Aubrey is such a joy, we are thankful for every moment. And I will dance and sing with her until she asks me not to.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

What a special day! You are such a good Mom Melissa!

Happy Birthday Aubrey!

Jen said...

Sounds like a great birthday to me! Happy Birthday Aubrey, we wish we could have all been there to eat cupcakes with you and enjoy your day with you! Lots of love, Auntie Jen, Uncle Kris, Zach, Hayley, Justin and Tyler

Elizabeth Dimit said...

Happy birthday, Aubrey! I love that idea of letting them do whatever they want on their b-day!

El Jefe said...

Holy crap. I'm coming to your house for my next birthday. March 25th. Don't forget. Those donuts look good. Mmmm. I'm hungry. Gotta go. Bye.