Friday, September 5, 2008

The Great Indoors & Other Adventures

Hold on - this is a long post (seeing as it was a long weekend). So, "cool" parents probably took their kids camping over Labor Day weekend, but seeing as it rained and hailed (what the?) we decided to camp indoors - a little wimpy, I know. But really fun! We roasted marshamallows over the grill, made the bunkbeds into a tent, told scary stories (Aubrey's duck story - scary), played hide & seek. And then when it was time to sleep, James & I slept in our own bed! Genius, really.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

I agree! It's genius!

Jen said...

I wish I could get away with this cozy of a campout! Some people have all the lck!

Jen said...

That was supposed to be "luck"!

El Jefe said...

Did the grill give your marshmallows a gassy flavor?

Melissa said...

Jef - I didn't detect a gassy flavor but perhaps that was the reason that only I ate them?

Elizabeth Dimit said...

Hey, Melissa! Thanks for stopping over to see my blog. I'll put you on the list! I love your indoor camping. That's my idea of real camping!