It all began at the age of two, when his only wish was to be a vacuum (he actually requested this). Surprisingly, they don't make vacuum costumes. I had to make do with lots of felt and a hot glue gun. I'm so glad he didn't seem to notice people laughing wherever he went.
When the fourth Halloween came around, he wanted to be an engineer (not Like James - Chad doesn't think James is a real engineer because he doesn't wear a hat). This costume is not exactly what he had in mind. He pictured himself driving a train from house to house. But this is what he got.
This year, the request has been made for an astronaut. Not the orange flight suit, but the actual moon suit - with helmet, boots, gloves, jet pack. Stores do make this costume, but it's $100, I will never pay that much for a costume. So now it's up to me to make it. Just me, the sewing machine, and lots of mormon swear words. Aubrey, by the way, has requested a care bear costume, and Sam will be a dragon (all made by myself). I don't know how this can end well, lots of candy will help.
6 comments:
Love Chad and his creative mind. I must say I look forward to every Halloween waiting to hear what Chad has come up with next. He has never disappointed me! I'm just impressed you are able to pull it all off every year! Way to go Mom!
By the way, what are you going to do if Sam has the same creativity as Chad? Good luck!
After seeing the first two costumes that you made, I have no doubt you can do it. you are very talented! So creative and so crafty! I can't wait to see it this year! You are an awesome mom
Those are so awesome. Maybe if you keep showing Sam all of those pictures he'll decide just to reuse the old costumes and then you'll be set. I am all about trying to get my kids to use the same costumes from last year. It's working with one or two of them.
Oh, my word. You are so talented! We are trying to figure out how to make Brandon into Darth Vader for $20 or less.
I wish I was talented - I only made the vacuum and cat costume. That's why I'm in a little over my head making all 3 this year!
Post a Comment