Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Halloween Tradition #3: Dinner in a Pumpkin

We have lots of traditions for Halloween - perhaps because we love it so. There is just something about free candy. Now, I don't usually take pictures of my food, but you have to admit, dinner cooked inside a pumpkin is kind of awesome.

Menu
- Dinner in a Pumpkin
, recipe here
- Downeast Maine Pumpkin Bread (with chocolate chips), recipe here
- Green Salad with Pumpkin Dressing (thanks to Wendy)
- Ghost Pudding

Then on to our next traditional activity, Halloween bingo (once again, thank you Wendy).

And then we decorated a haunted house, with lots of extra candy. I believe the rule is: you put one candy on the house, you eat one, decorate, eat. It's the natural order of things.



3 comments:

Sarah said...

So is that a real pumpkin that your dinner is in?

Those gingerbread houses look great. We've done it for christmas but not for halloween. What fun!

Melissa said...

That's a real pumpkin - cooked in the oven.

Elizabeth Dimit said...

What great traditions! And I'm so impressed with the pumpkin dinner.