Friday, October 3, 2008

The Strange & Unusual

Thanks Elizabeth and Sarah, for tagging me on 7 weird/interesting facts on myself. Although you may regret asking, because I consider myself far more weird than interesting.

1. I sleep talk and sleep walk, usually in search of my babies.

2. I value the appearance of a clean house, more than an actual clean house (my closets are evidence of this).

3. Everyone has a bit of obsessive compulsive disorder, my OCD involves a locked house. I check and recheck the locks at night (except when James does it, I trust him). Sometimes I forget if I shut the garage door, so I drive down and then back up the street to make sure. Apparently I'm not so OC when it comes to checking if I have my keys. I have locked myself out twice this year.

4. I'm not typically a spa/salon person. Never had a manicure or pedicure (except those done by myself), and I've had highlights done once. Just too much maintenance (note: when I asked Chad what was weird about me, he said my hair - maybe there's a connection). I feel the same way about accessorizing. I'm hoping Aubrey will help me out with this someday.

5. I'm not really all that put together (see #3). I tend to lose and leave things. Once I left my purse at a restaurant in Castle Rock, WA (purse=accessory=too much work). That was a fun drive back. It's a good thing I have a patient husband.

6. I'm a certified scuba diver. Although, if you really want to scare the dickens out of me, put me 20 feet under the surface without a natural source of oxygen. If I want to see fish under water again, I'll watch the Discovery channel, thanks.

7. I wanted to go to medical school, up until one collegiate day when I went to a seminar on the life of an intern. I changed my mind - psychology suits me a little better. Less hours, less education, and it's useful on a daily basis. What would I do with all that money, anyway?

That's it, or at least that's my top seven.

So now I tag Jen, Amanda, Jessica, Julie, Nicole, and Kari .

3 comments:

Elizabeth Dimit said...

I'm with you on the spa thing. I only started highighting my hair at the start of the summer, and I have never had a professional manicure/pedicure.

Thanks for sharing all of your quirks! :-)

Julie said...

I am glad to know that I am not the only one who drives back by the house to make sure the garage is shut. I'm sure my neighbors think I'm crazy. And just for the record, I always think your hair looks very nice.

Sarah said...

I have to know what your husband things is weird about your hair. I like your hair.

I am ocd about the locks at night too.