About this time of year I start to feel really guilty about food storage (or lack of). But every time I hear 500 pounds of wheat, my eyes gloss over and everything gets a bit hazy. Here in lies the problem: I don't know how to grind wheat, I don't know how to cook with wheat, I don't like to eat wheat, and I know I will not want to eat wheat in a disastrous situation. I'm thinking 500 pounds of brownie mix might be more useful. But I know I lack wisdom in this area. That's why I set out looking for help and found this: http://foodstoragemadeeasy.net/
This website has lists, spreadsheets, video tutorials - love it. They even use terms like baby steps. I can do baby steps. I just did my 72 hour kit last night and I think my kids would eat most of it, if forced to. And I will just switch the food out every 6 months. This weekend I'm going to attempt a meal with my old 72 hour kit. Now what goes with ramen noodles and beef jerky?
1 comment:
Thanks Melissa! I bookmarked it so I can do it. I really need to.
Post a Comment